How do I reset a session?
If you've come across a scenario where you need a do-over, you can reset the session. Resetting a session will set the session back to the pre-live state.
Here are a few scenarios where you may want to reset a session:
- You went live by mistake in an event that wasn't scheduled to go live, and you don't want to create a new event requiring your attendees to re-register.
- You experienced an issue or made a mistake and want to start over from the beginning.
- You went live using the in-browser option when you wanted to go live using RTMP or vice versa.
How to Reset a Session
Once you have ended the broadcast, you can click on Options from the top right.
Then, select Reset Session from the drop-down menu.
You'll then be prompted to confirm your selection. Keep in mind that, once you click Yes, the replay will be permanently deleted.
After confirming, your event will then go back to a scheduled state, and you can go live again without having to create another event.
- You can only see the Reset Session option for events that have gone live and not for events that have yet to go live.
- When you reset a session, your audience can stay in the event and don't have to refresh the screen or re-enter.
- When you reset a session, the recording is removed from our database and cannot be retrieved along with any session analytics.
- In a multi-session event, you can reset individual sessions without affecting the entire event.
Questions or suggestions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Crowdcasting! 🎥